Thank You Day is an opportunity for the New Zealand community to join together in expressing our gratitude towards organ and tissue donors, donor families and living donors for giving so generously and changing the lives of others.
We also acknowledge all the health professionals involved in organ and tissue donation and transplantation.
On Sunday 17th November we released a video showing just how life changing organ and tissue transplants can be for the people who receive them; Amy, Mike and Flynn are three transplant recipients who feature in the video. They have kindly shared their transplant journeys with us, along with their gratitude for the gifts that they've been given.
How you can help:
* Share the Thank You Day video with your friends, family, whanau, work colleagues, church or community group. It is posted here and on our Facebook page.
* Share your own personal messages of thanks by creating a selfie or short video and sharing it on social media. Remember if you or a member of your family is a transplant recipient, please respect the privacy of donor families and other transplant recipients by not sharing exact transplant dates.
* Print and share the Thank You Day and Transplant Recipient posters and display them at your workplace, community group or school. Ask your friends, familiy and local businesses to display them too!
* Organise an event in memory of your donor and to say thanks to those who have supported you. Last year we heard from people participating in fun runs, talking at their local community group or church and planting flowers in honour of organ and tissue donors.
* We will be sharing stories of gratitude in the media for Thank You Day. If you would like to share your transplant experience, please contact ODNZ. We can help facilitate interviews, provide information on Thank You Day and organ donation and help to ensure the articles are respectful to you and your donor family.
Thank You Day Resources
Expand to read more